Thursday, January 11, 2007

Morning Madness

Well, Annabelle was really sluggish this morning, which put me about ten minutes behind my schedule. No problem, I'm always super early for work anyway. When we finally got to the car and I finally got her to sit still and let me strap her in, I go around to the other side and as I'm getting in, I notice that I've spilt my coffee on my white blouse. No problem... I'm always early.

So, I get her out (which is really a hassel because she is sluggish at the times I want her to hurry and wiggly when I want her to be still). I go back in the house and freshen up my coffee and change blouses. I grabbed the first one that was handy. I get back to the car, strap her in, and as I walk around to my side, I realize that I really don't like the shirt I put on.

So, I get her back out, go in, change, chase her down and drag her back to her car seat (by which time she is NOT in the least bit sluggish), and strap her in and take her to day care. When I get her to day care, after I upstrap her and help her out, I ask her if she'll hold her hot chocolate while I turn off her TV and get her doll and blanky. I accomplish this and then turn back around and she's crying.

I ask her what is wrong as I'm trying to get her to budge from her position and head towards the door; she doesn't want to move. So, I pick her up, she explains to me that I have made her "very sad". She wanted strawberry milk today!! I had to promise her she can have an ice cream sandwich when we get home today. Want to bet she doesn't forget that promise??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is so fun. I love all of the stories and pictures. They are too cute. I have a myspace, but this seems cool. Love u